The KISAE DMT1230 DC to DC Battery Charger is a 30 amp, fully automatic, multi-stage, multi-input battery charger with the ability to charge from either an alternator linked to a battery, or via solar power with the Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Solar Controller. With two inputs available, the house battery will be charged from either the running engine, or via the solar panels when stationary. The process to choose either engine or solar is fully automatic and both functions are controlled from within the unit itself without the need for external relays.
During normal operation the DMT1230 will do a full charge cycle to float stage on the house battery bank with ability to choose either GEL, AGM, Flooded, or a Custom Program. Once float stage is reached the charger transitions to a power supply mode to support any on-board DC loads.
The DMT1230 regulates its output based on the loads connected to your battery banks. This function is important in maintaining the life of your batteries as some battery chargers mistake loads for discharge and continue to keep the batteries in the bulk or absorption stage for extended periods of time, which will damage the batteries. The DC to DC Battery Charger has two methods of load-based regulation to ensure your battery charger transitions to float stage when it should do so.
- Multi-stage battery charging ensuring batteries are charged to manufacturers specifications
- Compact design
- Microprocessor controlled multi-stage charging algorithms for gel, flooded, and AGM batteries
- Silent mode for quiet operation
- Reverse polarity
- De-rating charging current
- Over temperature protection
- Output short circuit protection
- Battery overcharging protection
- IP32 ingress protection
- Class B according to FCC part15B and ANSI C63.4
- CE marked for the EMC directive 2004-108-EC
- Complying with EN55014-1, EN55014-2, EN61000-3-2 and EN61000-3-3 (as equivalent IEC standards series)